Small Engine Tech
Small Engine Tech
Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CJE employees receive competitive wages, the opportunity to participate in performance incentive programs, and a benefits program which includes excellent healthcare benefits, a 401(k) program, generous paid time off, and uniform program. Training opportunities at Central Jersey Equipment are endless!
Status: Full Time
The small engine mechanic will independently performs basic/complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment/outdoor power equipment. Employees will receive on-the-job training as well as other training through John Deere University (JDU), Honda and STIHL.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products as requested by the Service Manager and Service Writer.
- Participates in all job-related training and development.
- Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of shop, vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Maintain records and account for all time, parts, and supplies used in repairing and servicing both customer and dealership equipment.
- Hourly, depends on experience
- Incentives available
- FULL TIME- 8-5 M-F
- Saturdays are required in peak season (April-June, or as needed)
- During seasonal/peak-time longer hours may be required
- REQUIRED: Electrical diagnostic experience, basic computer skills, basic tool set/box
- 2-3 years of experience as a mechanic performing service repairs on gasoline engines
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance on engines using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Fork lift license preferred
- Basic Service Technician or Mechanic certification preferred
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Physical requirements are bending, kneeling, reaching, and standing for long periods of time, ability to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (MS Suite, Internet, Windows)
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid, clean driver's license is required
Mail your resume
Central Jersey Equipment, LLC
2885 ROUTE 206 SOUTH, BLDG 4
Columbus, New Jersey 08022 USA
Job ApplicationApply Online
Email your resume: