Small Engine Technician
Small Engine Technician
Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CJE values its employees so much that we pay for your health coverage! In addition, we also offer voluntary dental coverage and a 401K plan for retirement planning. After the 90-probationary period, new hires not only become eligible for benefits but also for paid time off. We offer paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Status: Full Time
The small engine mechanic will independently performs basic/complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment/outdoor power equipment. Employees will receive on-the-job training as well as other training through John Deere University (JDU), Honda and STIHL.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products as requested by the Service Manager and Service Writer.
- Participates in all job-related training and development.
- Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of shop, vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Maintain records and account for all time, parts, and supplies used in repairing and servicing both customer and dealership equipment.
- Hourly, depends on experience
- Incentives available
- FULL TIME- 8-5 M-F
- Saturdays are required in peak season (April-June, or as needed)
- During seasonal/peak-time longer hours may be required
- REQUIRED: Electrical diagnostic experience, basic computer skills, basic tool set/box
- 2-3 years of experience as a mechanic performing service repairs on gasoline engines
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance on engines using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Fork lift license preferred
- Basic Service Technician or Mechanic certification preferred
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Physical requirements are bending, kneeling, reaching, and standing for long periods of time, ability to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (MS Suite, Internet, Windows)
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid, clean driver's license is required
Mail your resume
Central Jersey Equipment, LLC
2885 ROUTE 206 SOUTH, BLDG 4
Columbus, New Jersey 08022 USA