Experience is required.
Training is provided.
CJE employees receive competitive wages, the opportunity to participate in performance incentive programs, and a benefits program which includes excellent healthcare benefits, a 401(k) program, generous paid time off, and uniform program. Training opportunities at Central Jersey Equipment are endless!
Status: Full Time
The Service Writer position will report to the Service Manager and support the service department in meeting customer needs through initiating equipment services and repairs by determining performance problems and services requested, verifying warranty and service contract coverage, developing estimates, writing repair orders, maintaining customer rapport and records. Administrative tasks such as answering incoming phone calls, end of day reports and cash handling will also be part the job responsibilities. Employees will receive on-the-job training as well as other trainings through John Deere University (JDU).
- Fields internal and external customer inquiries to the Service Department
- Opens work orders as directed by the Service Manager and maintains control until they are closed and invoiced
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the customer work orders
- May process warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission and follow-up
- Determines equipment problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking equipment maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty, PowerGard, service contract and/or maintenance plan coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares detailed repair orders by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of equipment; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging hauling.
- Ability to make cold calls to customers during the winter months to promote service specials
- Administrative tasks include answering incoming customer calls, completing end of day reports for cash, credit and check payments, and general office duties
- Hourly, entry level
- Incentives available
- 40 hours per week (Mon-Sat)
- During seasonal/peak-time longer hours/OT may be required
- MUST be computer savvy with the ability to type
- MUST be proficient in MS Office Suite and internet applications
- MUST have excellent oral and written skills, including proper grammar and proofreading skills
- MUST have proficient math skills
- Previous experience as a service writer preferred
- Friendly attitude with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability and desire to be part of a team
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terminology is preferred
- MUST have a HS Diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Fork lift license preferred
If you meet the above criteria to be at Central Jersey Equipment please apply for this position. We will do our best to keep you informed. If we do not call you for an interview, we will keep your resume on file for 1 year incase another position matching your qualifications becomes available.
Please do not call in regards to this position. If your qualifications and experience meets what we are looking for we will contact you.
Mail your resume
Central Jersey Equipment, LLC
2885 ROUTE 206 SOUTH, BLDG 4
Columbus, New Jersey 08022 USA