- Direct drive through Powerbands and driveshafts
- Stepless and hydraulic cutting height control
- Front mower with optional auto sideshift relative to the current steering angle
- DuoGrip centre-of-gravity suspension on the side mowers
The innovative KRONE BiG M 450 driveline allows operators to achieve work rates of more than 17 hectares per hour. The power flows from the axially mounted engine down the powerbands and driveshafts and directly to the three mowers. And superior operator comfort comes from hydraulic cutting height control from the cab and fully hydraulic ground pressure control.
The EasyCut cutterbar
- Fully welded and permanently lubricated HeavyDuty cutterbar
- SafeCut shear-pin protection for each individual disc
- Satellite driveline smooths the power flow inside the cutterbar
- SmartCut system ensures a perfect cut
- Added protection from wear
The BiG M 450 sources its super sturdy disc mowers in HeavyDuty specification from the well-proven EasyCut range. The power flow enters the mower from the rear through the gearbox and flows down a driveline of massive and quiet-running spur gears that drive the satellite gears and the discs. KRONE SmartCut implements a generous overlap of those discs that turn away from each other, which translates into a perfect cut. Meanwhile, the SafeCut system protects the blade from damage caused by hitting an object.
The CV tine conditioners
- High-performance conditioners for haulm crops
- Full-width conditioning
- V-type steel tines for intensive and gentle treatment
- Conditioning intensity is altered without tools
The KRONE CV conditioner ensures fast and uniform wilts at high throughputs. The conditioning intensity is set by selecting a rotor speed (700 rpm or 1,000 rpm) and by tool-free adjustment of the gap between the rotor and the baffle plate.
The swath mergers
- Augers with fingertip-controlled hoods
- Augers ensure a clean and gentle crop feed
- Crops hardly touch the ground – minimum contamination
- Perfect swath presentation for the following harvesters
Cutting, conditioning and producing one single swath – BiG M 450 completes three tasks in one operation. With the augers forming an integral part of the side mowers, they deposit the material on the swath that was formed by the front mower without the material touching the ground at all, staying very clean and reducing a pass in the harvest chain.
The ground drive and running gear
- Infinitely variable power transmission via wheel motors
- Reduced 1250 engine rpm in road travel for better fuel economy and ride comfort
- Hydro-pneumatic axle suspension for high operator comfort
- Hydraulic axle height control adjusts ground clearance to conditions
Wheel motors bring the power steplessly on the ground and make BiG M 450 fantastically easy to steer and maneuver. The axles boast hydro-pneumatic suspension for ultimate operator comfort and hydraulic height control, so that operators can flexibly adjust the ground clearance of the machine in field work and for road travel at reduced transport height.
- 6-cylinder, 449 hp LIEBHERR engine, Emission Stage V compliant
- Long 1000-hour service intervals
- Extremely fuel-efficient thanks to PowerSplit engine control
- Mounted on silent blocks and therefore quiet running
- Large radiator with passive rotor for optimum temperature control
The 449 hp Liebherr engine features automatic engine control which tailors the output to the current load on the mowers. Consequently, BiG M 450 will use less fuel in lower-yield crops. A new load limit control system monitors the engine speed and reduces the ground speed when engine speed is very low. Mounted on silent blocks, the engine runs very quietly in all situations.
- Large window screens offer perfect all-round visibility
- Maximum seating and operator comfort
- 8-inch or 12-inch terminal with colour-display touch screen
- Optional LED package for maximum lighting
- Modern armrest with integral joystick
Mounted on hydro bearings, the SilentSpace cab is particularly quiet, offers plenty of space and an ergonomically designed environment. In standard specification, the machine has the high-resolution 8-inch or 12-inch touch screen terminal where operators set up and monitor all machine functions. Further standard features are the multifunction joystick in the armrest, automatic climate control and the electric cooling box. More comfort is available from the optional LED package or the Premium comfort seat.